You can see here that the trifoliate leaves have formed, and one of the branches actually broke itself with its own weight. These will now be replanted outside with better support.
LAB - Exercise 1, Pigment Separation Leaves used in the experiment, Groups A, B, and C respectively. Leaves used in the experiment, Groups A, B, and C respectively. Filter papers for each test. Note: Filter papers were not included in the lab kit, so a coffee filter was used in its stead. 2 of the leaf fragments had 4 visible pigments, and the other had 3. The distance traveled varied slightly between the 3 groups but stayed in a short-range. Most of the filter papers reflected similar colors and not the colors of the leaves themselves. The time of year these were taken from would most likely be average as the plants had yet to change. LAB - Exercise 2, Photosynthesis Subject A: High CO2 Subject B: Plain H20 Subject C: Dark The tube in figure A has a plant and was placed into a CO2 enriched environment by combining baking soda with water. The tube in figure B ...
Exercise 1 The first exercise did not go as expected. The blue dye barely moved up the celery stalk if at all. Dye table: When the dye was seen there was barely any progress. Here is a picture of the base of one of the stalks stripped down to show the lack of blue dye. (The stalk was cut shorter as well to make sure I got a better picture of it) The start for every stalk. Here are some of the pictures of the base of the stalks (Again, some cut down shorter after the initial soak to check deeper inside) Exercise 2 This exercise was to examine the independence of water transport up different vascular bundles in celery. At this point, I thought that I must have done something wrong if I was getting such a strange result, but I decided to continue and finish the lab, instead of immediately restarting to get the result I wanted. Here is a picture of the stalk in the two different dyes. Here you can see the red side of the stalk after it had been pulled apart. You can...
Comments
Post a Comment